- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup dried petite red lentils
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups finely chopped carrot
- 1 3/4 cups finely chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups chopped rhubarb
- 4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pour 1 1/2 cups boiling water over lentils in a small bowl; let stand 10 minutes.
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add carrot, celery, onion, and parsley to pan; sauté for 4 minutes. Add rhubarb, and sauté for 3 minutes. Drain lentils, and add lentils to pan. Stir in chicken broth and salt; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 35 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Remove from heat; let cool 5 minutes.
- Blend part of the soup for a thicker consistency. Use an immersion blender or remove 3 cups of the liquid to blender (be careful of steam while blending)
- 6 servings (serving size: about 1 1/3 cups soup)
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat 0 g
Total Carbohydrate 24 g
Dietary Fiber 6 g
Sugars 6 g
Protein 10 g
FP4H Live It Tracker Count:
3 vegetables or 2 Vegetables & 1 Protein
When serving add a dollop of lowfat sour cream or greek yogurt. Garnish with dill sprigs, if desired.